Senate Transportation Committee
Wednesday, September 20, 2017
East Wing, HR 8E-B
- S.B. 888 (Rafferty and Martin): Amends Title 75 (Vehicles) to modernize Pennsylvania’s disabled parking laws with a focus on regulating access aisles, increasing penalties and strengthening enforcement measures.
- S.B. 796 (Gordner): Amends Title 75 (Vehicles) to discontinue charging CDL licensees the change of address fee for when an address is changed by a governmental action.
- S.B. 837 (Ward): Designates a portion of State Route 981 in Westmoreland County as the Specialist 4 William J. Kolenc Memorial Highway.
- S.B. 887 (Scavello): Designates a portion of State Route 611 and State Route 940 in Monroe County as the Roy J. Gross, Sr., Memorial Highway.
- H.B. 407 (Caltagirone): Amends Title 75 (Vehicles) to provide the option for public contributions to pediatric cancer research when renewing a driver’s license, identification card or vehicle registration electronically through PennDOT’s website.
Immediately following the meeting, the Senate Transportation Committee will hold our annual hearing with the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission to collect testimony on their budget and program priorities. We will plan to conclude the hearing at 10:30 a.m.
PA Turnpike Commission