Senate Transportation Committee
Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at 10 a.m.
East Wing, Hearing Room 8E-A
Public hearing on “Automated Work Zone Vehicles and Platooning”, as provided in SB 1096 (Browne) and HB 1958 (Rothman).
Opening Remarks (10:00 a.m. – 10:05 a.m.)
- Senator John C. Rafferty, Jr.
- Senator John P. Sabatina, Jr.
- Representative Greg Rothman
Perspectives from Technology Inventors (10:05 a.m. – 10:20 a.m.)
- Fred Bergstresser, Government Account Manager, Royal Truck & Equipment
- Steve Boyd, Co-Founder and Vice President of External Affairs, Peloton Technology
Perspectives from Commonwealth Agencies (10:20 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.)
- Mark C. Kopko, Manager of Advanced Vehicle Technology, and Daniel P. Farley , Chief of Traffic Operations Deployment and Maintenance, PA Department of Transportation
- Timothy M. Scanlon, P.E., Director of Traffic Engineering and Operations, and Michael Kates, Equipment Operator 2, PA Turnpike Commission
- Major James Basinger, Director of Patrol, PA State Police
Closing Remarks (10:45 a.m. – 10:50 a.m.)